Search This Blog

Monday, March 7, 2011

#27 - Jenny (Part 3)

“Sir?” the receiver suddenly made it's presence known in my hand, “Sir? Is everything all right?”
“Please hurry,” was all I could say before ending the call.
“Hurry! Hurry!” I heard Jenny shout amidst her loud screams and deep moans, each time accompanied with another heavy smash upon the wood.
The door suddenly tore apart, sending a heavy cloud of dust into the air. Jenny moved past the opening and into the hallway, her eyes now focused directly upon me once again. Her face and hands were covered in thick blood, a large chunk of painted wood jutting from her left breast. I took an involuntary step backward as she staggered down the hallway. Her movements were rigid and forced, as if pulled upon by invisible wire. That same singing groan returned to her throat.
“Jenny, what the hell is wrong with you?” I shouted as I took several steps back into the kitchen.
I watched as she grabbed at the piece of debris lodged in her body. She yanked it free and tossed it aside, a deep pool of red staining her nightshirt. She made the turn into the kitchen, reddened eyes forever focused upon me. I grabbed at one of the chairs placed around a center table and set it before me.
“I love you, baby,” I said while pushing the chair outward, “Why are you doing this?”
She was a mere ten feet from me. I pushed out the chair again in retaliation. She suddenly stopped.
“What can I do, Jenny?” I called out in a tone barely above a whimper, “What can I do to make you better?”
Her mouth closed for the first time. Several moments of silence followed, my own granting a lonely comfort. Then, she suddenly dropped to the floor and pushed her legs out from her in sideways formation. She moved toward me in a scuttling motion, her mouth open wider than before and letting forth another loud scream. I felt her hands grip at the chair legs and tear the furniture away from me with intense strength. I heard one of the legs snap, followed by a slicing pain that filled my right leg.

A large weight rested upon me, knocking what little air I still had bottled within my lungs. Raw terror sliced through me. Her blood-hued eyes stared directly into mine while her face hovered mere inches from my own. I cried out as I felt her hands grasp a hold of my arms while causing the flesh to burn. Her mouth was still agape. She slowly lowered her head toward me, her breath hot against my neck.
“I'm sorry baby,” I said while gathering strength in my legs, “I'm really sorry for this.”
With quick movement, I thrust my knees upward. The sudden blow seemed to catch Jenny by surprise; her body was instantly lifted from mine as she collided with the nearby wall. I clamored to my feet while gazing down at the throbbing area on my shin. A deep blue was present upon the skin, just above the ankle. I winced at what I saw, then turned my attention back to Jenny.
“Help is on the way baby,” I squeaked out, unprecedented tears filling my eyes, “They will be able to help you. Does that sound good?”
I continued to watch her as she lay slumped against the wall. Her head was facing away from me.
“Good,” I heard her say in slow, muffled tone.
A shock ran through my body as I continued to watch her. She suddenly shot her left arm toward the ceiling. It rested against the wall before her. She turned once again to face me.
“Good! Good!”
Her hand began running along the wall in a gentle, petting gesture. Blood was beginning to pool beneath her from her chest wound. I took a tentative step toward her.
“Yeah, it's-”
“Good!”
She finished my thought by applying her fingernails. Deep scraping noises filled my ears as I watched her in disbelief. Paint and wood chips created a cloud above her, followed by the deep red of blood that started to streak the gouged wall. Her face whipped toward me, her brow narrowed in thick anger. She stood suddenly, running from me and into the adjacent hallway with a pained wail.

No comments:

Post a Comment