Search This Blog

Sunday, November 7, 2010

#11 - Addiction

The roar of my vehicle's engine comforted me somewhat.  I began down that lonely, dimly lit path while attempting to silence the raging desire that gnashed just beneath my skin.  My hands gripped at the steering wheel with enough force to push blood from my knuckles, creating whitened nubs at the ends of my shaking hands.  I rounded the first corner, my foot pleading with me to push the gas ever further.  A deep, shaky sigh escaped my dry lips.  I licked at them severely while allowing my mind to wander to my sweet reward awaiting me. 
It would not be long now...
I repeated the phrase to myself over and over; sometimes mouthing the words as if to convince myself further of my statement's validity.  My eyes darted all about the road for any other vehicles.  Still, not a single other person was driving.  Loneliness was my greatest asset sometimes.  I was very grateful for it's comfort now.

My sweating, clammy fingers enclosed upon the door handle of my destination.  The metal felt excessively cool to the touch, causing a slight shudder to wrack my body.  Anticipation tingled at my toes at sucking in the ever-familiar, calming smell of the area.  The area was clear.  I made my way quickly to the center of the room, another familiar sight greeting my eyes.  The toothy grin of Tony flashed my way, followed by a small beckon.  I wiped an unprecedented amount of cold sweat beading upon my forehead before making my way over to him.
“The usual,” I managed the sputter out, my left arm suddenly becoming extremely itchy.
I scratched at it vigorously while looking about the room with wide eyes.  Tony merely nodded, words not necessary for our ritualistic exchange that was about to take place.  He went to work, enticing me with the process of the product I so desperately required.  I began tapping my foot in uneven rhythm as I waited for him to finish, then resorted to drumming my fingers upon a table to my right.  I knew it was close; I could see the final touches being added and packaged.  The smell sent tingling shivers arcing up and down my spine.  The shaking that had once been held within my hands had spread to the rest of my body.  I attempted to hide it while standing before him. 
“The usual,” Tony muttered while handing me the container, “That'll be-”
No extra information was required.  I slapped a wad of sweat-slick, crumpled cash upon the counter top. Tony jumped a bit at my sudden, brash movement.
“Keep the change,” I managed to say with an even tone while quickly making my way toward the exit.

Within seconds I was in my car.  I practically collided with the front door of the building while quickly wrenching it open and making my way to my vehicle in a half run..  I slammed the door shut, grinning widely at my prize.
Finally I thought to myself with pure glee I need this so bad right now.
I allowed the package to touch my lips while simultaneously sucking inward.  The result was instant; warm, calming waves of relief swept through me as I quickly swallowed and sucked in again.  I felt my arms droop a bit as bliss flooded my body.  My eyes gazed around me in the empty space my car was currently occupying.  I took another hit, and another...my throat burning a bit at feeling the sensation over and over again.   

At last, the last vestiges of my prize were consumed, allowing myself to fully bask in the sweet waves of satisfaction that gently coursed through my body.  A permanent smile was etched upon my lips, any past itching or sweating vacant from me.  I cast my vision across the rising sun that now peeked above distant mountains, the sight excessively beautiful at this current moment.  My gaze fell to my relaxed body for a few moments, then to the now empty container still cradled within my hands.  I smirked while turning it in my fingers, the front meeting my vision.
“God I love that mermaid,” I said to myself before tossing the thing away from me toward the passenger seat and starting up my engine.     

No comments:

Post a Comment