Search This Blog

Sunday, September 26, 2010

#5 - Mr. Hudson

“All right, Mr. Hudson, I'm sure you will be very comfortable here.”
A voice.  No, two voices.  Was it two voices?  I watched them contently.  A person was standing in front of me.  His name was Joe.  I liked Joe.
“Can you tell me what happened, Mr. Hudson?”
I looked at his eyes.  They were brown with a hint of green.  Joe had interesting eyes. 
“What happened?” I said while hugging myself loosely.
I repeated the phrase over and over.  It makes me feel good to repeat things.  I really liked Joe.
“There was a murder in your-” he replied, but stopped himself.
I looked at my hands.  Did these hands murder?  Did I kill someone?  I rocked on my chair, my head falling into my knees. 
“I didn't kill anyone!” I shouted as loudly as I could.
My head snapped upward, back at Joe's pretty face.
“I'm sorry Joe,” I said quickly, “I'm sorry.”
He smiled weakly while putting his hand on my shoulder.  Joe's hand was soft.

“Please Mr. Hudson,” he said while watching me with his green-chocolate eyeballs, “I need you to really think.  Did you see anyone recently?”
“See-”
I looked about the room with jerky eyes.  No one else in the room.  The room was soft; soft like Joe's hand.  Was I sitting in Joe's hand?
“I don't see anyone, Joe,” I replied.
I looked around the room again to make sure.  No one but Joe. 
“I mean did you see anyone at the house of the murder?”
“What?” I screamed while looking back at my hands.
Someone was murdered!  I've never seen a dead body before.  Were they warm and soft like the hand room?
“No.”
I repeated the word over and over.  I shook my head.  My brain hurt.  Too much talking.  Joe wasn't being nice anymore.
“Mr. Hudson, please!” I heard Joe try to stop me.
I felt his hands shake me.  I stopped and looked into his eyes again.  I really wanted some chocolate now.
“You need to tell me if you had done anything to anyone today,” he said with narrowed eyeballs, “Try to remember.  Please, take your time Mr. Hudson.”
My eyes started flashing back and forth.  He thought I was a murderer!  I've never seen dead people.  I never knew if they were warm or soft! 

“I don't murder!” I shouted while making a lunge for Joe.
The table collapsed to the ground.  Joe's neck was as soft as his hand.
“I didn't murder, I didn't murder!”
I repeated it again and again.  My hands tightened around Joe; those chocolatey eyes now wider then I had ever seen before.  They were beautiful.
“Mr. - Hudson -”
I felt his hands on my chest.  It made me smile; was Joe trying to be friends?
Joe didn't talk anymore.  I took my hands away from his soft neck and looked at them.  They were red and purple. 
“Joe?”
Joe was silent.  I bent down and put my hands on his chest.  He was still so warm and soft. 
I still miss Joe.

No comments:

Post a Comment